Sanctification Generous Living: Your Demonstration of Faith
- You should have a few people recruited to recite the books of the New Testament for this meeting. Continue recruiting so that everyone in your JG has recited the books of the New Testament by the end of this section of The Journey.
- TRUTH – discuss what it means to have worship as a motive. The IN BIBLE study question on Philippians 4:18 is intended to get your JG thinking about sacrifice as measure of worship, and worship as the motive God desires in our giving. Some in your JG may find it easier to relate to love or thanksgiving as a motive. Then connect the discussion of motive with giving. You could also ask your JG to talk about how contentment, investment, and motivation all go together with giving/stewardship.
- TRUTH – make sure your newer JG members understand how Paul’s words in Philippians 4:18 are connected with Old Testament ideas of worship through sacrifice. Randy would like you to emphasize these points from Philippians 4:18
- Sacrifice is a universal standard for the measurement of love.
- God has always delighted in the sacrifices of His people.
- Acceptable expressions of sacrifice have changed since the cross of Christ
- The motive behind one’s sacrifice determines the acceptability of the offering.
- EQUIPPING – be sure to discuss some of these questions especially the last Equipping question.
- MISSION – Allow time for people to share their experience talking with people on their prayer lists.