Adopting A Balanced Philosophy Applying A Balanced Philosophy, Part 2
- Review the memory verse of the week, and talk about how it relates to the Truth section.
- TRUTH – Make sure your JG makes the connection between a balanced philosophy of discipline, which is modeled after God’s motive (love) and goal (righteousness), and the principles of instruction that are based on this philosophy. Your discussion can center on any or all of the principles presented in the material, but it is recommended that you give special attention to how principle #2 and #5 can be applied in the lives of parents. You can also use the IN BIBLE passages and questions to help you discuss these principles:
- PRINCIPLE #1 – PROVERBS 1:8, 6:20; EPHESIANS 6:4
- PRINCIPLE #2 – DEUTERONOMY 6:6-7
- PRINCIPLE #3 – MATTHEW 23:1-6
- PRINCIPLE #4 – PROVERBS 2:1-12
- PRINCIPLE #5 – TITUS 2:10
- EQUIPPING – Discuss the 2nd question to encourage creative ideas about how your JG parents can be more active in the spiritual instruction of their children.
- ACCOUNTABILITY – Allow time for smaller groups of two or three to ask accountability questions and pray for one another.
- MISSION – Invite a few people to share their spiritual evaluation of someone they have been praying for.